ABOUT THIS CAR
Rally Preparation Services Ltd is happy to offer this purpose built super reliable Peugeot 504 Berline classic rally car. Professionally built into a rally car in 2016 to Works Safari specification it has recently been refreshed by us after a successful outing on the 2018 Himalayan Challenge rally.
Peugeot with the 504 saloon notably won the 1974 World Cup Rally, three WRC events including the 1975 Safari Rally and the 1979 Argentina rally along with very many others. The 504’s great strength has always been quite literally “it’s great strength”. Tough, reliable and dependable, just what you need for a long distance rally car. The mechanically conventional Peugeot 504 was launched in 1968 with RWD, a 4-speed transmission and independent rear suspension. Styled by Pininfarina, legend has it that the headlamps were inspired by Sophia Loren’s eyes and maybe that helped it to scoop European Car of the Year in 1969! The Peugeot 504 story was an outstanding success for Peugeot, well over 3 million were built with production in France until 1983 and continuing in Africa until 2007 giving a run of almost 40 years.
This particular car was prepared from a clean accident free French built example. The body was stripped back to bare metal, lightened, seam welded and reinforced in key areas as per the works safari specification rally cars. A bespoke high spec wiring loom with dash mounted fuses and relays are installed along with a high visibility oil pressure warning lamp. The usual gauges are fitted along with both Monit and Gauge Pilot trip meters including a driver display. Under the bonnet there is an upgraded radiator and front mounted oil cooler alongside twin ignition coils and twin ignition modules which are further clues to the high level of detail and preparation employed on this car. This car is ideal for those who like their rallies a little testing and value an easy to drive robust and trouble-free car.
The car is currently residing at RPS’ sister company – the SASCo storage facility and available for inspection.
All viewings and test drives welcomed by appointment at Rally Preparation Services.
All enquiries to Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0)1993 358009.
- Engine; Peugeot 4 cylinder XN series OHV developing 146 bhp. Full spec on request.
- Transmission; RPS spec 5 speed.
- Final Drive; Works spec 4.1:1 with limited slip differential.
- Brakes; Discs front and rear, front to rear proportioning valve, fly off handbrake, braided hoses.
- Front Suspension; McPherson struts, works springs, uniball lower arms with adjustable camber, adjustable top mounts, bespoke strut brace and polyurethane bushes.
- Rear Suspension; Independent rear with upgraded bespoke heavy duty Eibach springs and upgraded heavy duty adjustable rear dampers.
- Steering; Competition rack 2.7 turns lock to lock.
- Fuelling; 108 litre bespoke aluminium tank with cut off valve, twin Facet red top pumps, braided fuel lines, fuel filter, pressure regulator and twin Weber 45 DCOE carburettors with twin throttle cables on a tuned length inlet manifold.
- Safety; Appendix K bolt in roll cage with rear cross and door bars. Plumbed in Sparco and hand held fire extinguishers, TRS 4 point harnesses.
- Protection; Bespoke aluminium sump, transmission and diff guards are fitted