ABOUT THIS CAR
We are very pleased to offer this proven Pontiac Deluxe Six Long Distance Rally Car.
Pontiac was a brand created by General Motors in 1926 to sit alongside Oakland as part of the ladder of brands strategy which placed Chevrolet as the entry level, through Pontiac, Buick and culminating in Cadillac. Pontiac sales outstripped the Oakland marque which was soon dropped. In 1937 the Deluxe Six was launched with the ubiquitous GM A chassis and surprise surprise a flat head six-cylinder 3.6 litre 85hp engine. By 1940 the model was a lynch pin in the range and now featured the “Alligator” bonnet, headlamps mounted on the front wings and a useful upgrade to 100hp.
This is a no- frills solidly prepared robust rally car. The chassis has been stripped, sandblasted and painted, a full roll cage has been installed and the power unit and drive-line overhauled.
All viewings and test drives welcomed by appointment at Rally Preparation Services – enquiries to Martin on email@example.com
- 3649cc flathead 6 cylinder.
- 3 speed column change.
- Long-range aluminium fuel tank
- New fuel delivery system.
- Telescopic AVO dampers.
- Coil sprung front suspension
- Bespoke aluminium dash assembly.
- Modern instrumentation and switch gear.
- Dash mounted fuses.
- Electronic ignition .
- Charging system upgraded to alternator
- Substantial storage has been created in lieu of the rear seats.
- Full body respray
- Front and rear bumpers re-chromed.