ABOUT THIS CAR
Rally Preparation Services Ltd is delighted to offer for sale this superb 1939 Ford Coupe long distance vintage rally car. Built in 2016 by ourselves specifically for long distance and adventure rallies to the present owner’s specification, a full nut and bolt body off restoration was undertaken. Using all our combined knowledge of preparing cars for classic and vintage rallying the result is an eye-catching and evocative Ford Coupe complete with authentic “flat-head” V8 burble.
The ’38 Ford coupe was largely a carry-over from 1937 so for ’39 Ford pulled out the stops. The grille was raised with prominent chrome horizontal dividers while the “alligator” hood gives better under bonnet access. Changes were made to carburation although power stayed at 85bhp. More importantly, Ford finally adopted hydraulic brakes. Curiously perhaps, Henry Ford had largely avoided hydraulic brakes, no doubt on the basis of cost but finally yielded to market pressure from rivals Chrysler and Chevrolet. Ford to this day have a crack team of accountants!
Since build the car has had little use venturing out on the 2016 Rally of the Incas and the 2018 Paris to Amsterdam. Fully re-prepared since, she is now turn-key ready to go and capable of completing any of the toughest events in the world as a potential winner.
The car is currently residing at RPS’ sister company – the SASCo storage facility and available for inspection.
All viewings and test drives welcomed by appointment at Rally Preparation Services All enquiries please to Martin on email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)1993 358009.
- Recent rebuilt Engine
- Twin side exit exhausts
- Gearbox Upgrade
- Axle Upgrade
- Uprated Suspension along with RPS specification endurance rally dampers
- Rally wheels – with 2x spares
- Off-road tyres
- Uprated brakes all round.
- Marathon Spec Radiator and cooling system
- Electric fan with RPS Specification switching
- RPS Specification ignition
- Long range twin fuel cells with twin systems, filtration and twin pumps
- Full set of Instrumentation
- Monit Trip Meter
- Gauge pilot Co-driver aid
- GPS mounts and antenna
- Map light
- Interior storage
- Auxiliary power sockets
- Fire extinguisher
- Full roll cage with side protection and harness bar
- RPS Specification endurance rally seat belts
- RPS Specification endurance rally Recaro Seats
- Bespoke wiring loom
- Uprated lamps all round
- Uprated charging system
- Anderson battery cables
- Air horns
- Wet box
- PIAA Auxiliary lamps
- Roof lamp
- Leather bonnet and boot straps
- Fabric boot lid
- Underbody protection
- Full spares package to come with car at asking price